Our Favorite Tweets 10/6 to 10/12
This week Niantic renamed Operation Portal Recon to Wayfarer. This is the first step to opening the program to Pokemon-Go trainers. Sufficed to say, Ingress agents aren’t happy about it and Pokemon-Go trainers aren’t happy that they don’t have access yet.
Also, as is traditional about a Niantic release, Wayfarer is buggy as shit:
- The new submission history in Wayfarer shows portals that were denied and never went live as being accepted
- The new submission history in Wayfarer lost some submissions that haven’t been reviewed yet
- The thresholds that Niantic uses to activate cooldown are way too low
- Emails from Niantic now contain a link to the Google storage location for the portal image instead of an embedded image or a link to the portal in intel
- The math behind the Total Wayfare scores appears to add up if you have reviewed very few, but it all falls apart for most people who have a lot of agreements for some reason
- Upgrades are being counted as redeemed without actually doing anything
- The UI was redesigned for Pokemon-Go trainers and is no longer intuitively layed out for agents who already knew what they were doing
Anywayz, here’s the agents on the matter:
Don't allow it for Pokemon Go players, it will make more junk of pokestops with wrong locations. 🙏— Hypnotix (@hypnotix_exe) October 11, 2019
seriously guys you just ignited the anger of the international ingress community— LobeznoX45 (@lobeznoX5) October 10, 2019
This is Insane!!!! Not in a Good way!!!!— Miriam westby (@MiriamWestby) October 10, 2019
Speaking of buggy as shit, trainers and wizards continue to speak out about Niantic failing to fix the bugs in their games.
What's really scary is the lack of spawns— Muni (@MuniSenshi) October 11, 2019
@NianticHelp pls finally fix PvP!!!— Koreander TL40x5 :D (@Lg_15601) October 9, 2019
We want to battle again without needing the QR code ffs!
How can this be so difficult....
@NianticHelp @playpokemon @PokemonGoApp seriously??— SenjutsuMode (@Senjutsu_Mode) October 7, 2019
Plus DOESN'T work RIGHT IN STARDUSTEVENT!! and remote battle are broke plus very laggy gameplay in PVP do you want us #Battlers to even continue with your game?
Will you never learn until ppl leave?
FIX THE SPAWNS. YOU GUYS KILLED ALL SPAWNS IN MY AREA. If it was hard to find shiny now it's impossible. This game is only playable if you are a fuc*** spoofer.— . (@hidohat) October 6, 2019
Rank up screen freezing the app!! And I'm defeating confoundables but not getting the rewards screen. Using up my spell energy for nothing!!! Having to restart the app so many times :(— Pokémon GO Mablethorpe (@MablethorpeGo) October 8, 2019
No Pokemon nearby after the update, hard to collet stardust :(— Bartosz Rygielski (@mrRygbar) October 6, 2019
Fix go plus error soon please :(— Seta (@Wielder_Roxas) October 6, 2019
@NianticHelp since I updated @PokemonGoApp yesterday I have been unable to battle other trainers 😭 I’ve restarted the app, logged out and back in again, changed the option to allow trainer battles off and on again and nothing seems to work. Help pls I need my Sinnoh Stones!— Kat_Bates (@kat_bates_93) October 7, 2019
Increase the spawns. What a jerk move Niantic. Ruin the spawns, then give everyone a small stardust bonus for catches. It would be nice if there were actually decent pokemon to catch other than a few gulpins, numels, and rattatas.— Alice (@Alice81010806) October 6, 2019
But the spawns are gone 😭— Mickey (@pogo_8mickey2) October 6, 2019
Since you removed Spawns nothing is really spawning anymore. The game is very boring now and very broken.— Adam Doxey (@AdamDoxey) October 6, 2019